Are you guys as jazzed on hair bows as we are? I am completely dying over this awesome tutorial from brit + co! Featuring three different ways to try out this built in hair accessory trend, I know what I’ll be doing this weekend!
<3 Kelly, ModStylist
It’s my favorite day of the week… TUTORIAL TUESDAY!!!!! Make sure you read ALLLLL the directions. Here’s the step-by-step for this week’s Vintage Valentine look:
1) place hair in a high ponytail, leaving out the area where your bangs would be
2) separate bang area into three subsections
3) tease each subsection at the base near the scalp
4) roll each subsection to create a “victory roll” and secure with bobby pins (make sure to hide the pins!)
5) place ponytail into a loop bun (similar to how most girls would to go work out or wash their face)
6) pin down the bun however you’d like, making sure the hair looks full
7) take bandana or head tie and place it at the base of the back of your head
8) bring sides of the bandana/ head tie up to the front and tie in a knot
9) make any adjustments you need and you’re finished! by heidimariegarrett http://instagr.am/p/VoqLaRmVB8/
Whether you like a classic chignon or trendy top knot, the bun is always in style! The tutorial from The Beauty Department showing us how to make a bigger and better bun using 2 large braids is absolutely fab! This seems easy enough to achieve and looks amazing so I know that I will be trying this ASAP.
<3 Chelsey, ModStylist
Need styling suggestions, trend tips, or dress details? Ask a ModStylist and your question might be featured on our feed!